new sim(AT&T:SKU 71247)

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 22:13:47 CET 2008

2008/12/17 Mathieu Dube <mujo at dubix.org>:
>> you might want to try re-seating it first. my card (vodafone nz)
>> didn't always work first time, i had to physically move it around a
>> couple of times before it registered
>>

> well it seems to fit right on.
>
> the FR's contacts left little marks on the SIM contacts and their right in the middle of the 8 little squares.
>
> I dont know if you see what I mean but I doubt its a physical problem...

i see what you're getting at, yes. mine appeared to be seated
correctly also, but still took a bit of jiggling around to get it
right. is was all very unscientific - it could have been a complete
coincidence, software updates, oxidized contacts, grease on the pads,
position of the moon, etc, etc.....

ymmv