new sim(AT&T:SKU 71247)

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 23:53:22 CET 2008

On Tuesday 16 December 2008, Mathieu Dube wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I just got my neo freerunner and I got a sim from AT&T, its a 3G the sku
> is 71247. Its not in the list here:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Carriers/ATT
>
> It fits on the contacts physically but it only says "Registering..." when I
> boot up.
>
> Should I update the firmware as explained here:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GSM/Flashing ?
>
> Or would it be better to ask at&t to provide me with an older sim card?

Updating the GSM firmware to moko10 will probably let it recognise your SIM.
It worked for my O2 UK 3G SIM. If you feel comfortable following the
procedure described then give it a go. It worked as described for me, and I
don't think anyone's bricked the GSM by following it. If you don't feel
comfortable with the flashing procedure then go for the replacement SIM.