Stage of GTA03 development?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Wed Dec 17 10:55:45 CET 2008

IMHO this is quite irrelevant.

What the OM ecosystem needs is to go into a direction as shown by
AppStore, Android Market etc.

I.e. a full solution consisting of:

a) Content (the open variant will be Wikipedia, Openstreetmap etc.)
b) Application Store (that is what projects.openmoko.org should be
turned into)
c) compatible Devices with more and more stable hard & software that
can easily access this open content

So if that is becoming available, the device itself and its roadmap
isn't that important at all.

Nikolaus

Am 16.12.2008 um 20:08 schrieb Leonti Bielski:

> Hello!
> As proud Freerunner owner I'm interested in how the development of
> GTA03 goes.
> I'm not going to buy it - there is still a lot of fun with FR, but it
> would be interesting to know something about next open phone.
> Wiki page is outdated and there is no updates on ML.
> Does someone know how everything is going with gta03?
> 1. What case design is chosen?

A good one.

> 2. What gsm chip?

The best one!

> 3. How will it be called?

GTA03!

> 4. When is release date (+/- 3 month :)) ?

12:00 (I don't know on which day)

> 5. Price estimate.

Comparable to others.