Acustic 'empty battery warning' ?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 17 13:35:22 CET 2008

Doesnt it already do that - I know that in the middle of the night I
used to get regularly awakened by a "shfffft" sound from the Fr as the
battery ran out - oh wait, you mean before ...

:)

Its actually a good idea - I use a couple of perl scripts to flash the
leds in various colours/rates to indicate charge.  Doesnt help when shut
down though.  Perhaps a cron job to wake every hour and check the
charge, then go back to sleep?  Does cron work on the FR these days?

BillK

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 14:16 +0200, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Lothar Behrens <lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de> writes:
> > Is there a way to do this ?
>
> while true; do
>   if [ `capacity` -lt 10 ]; then
>       alert
>   fi
>   sleep 120
> done
>
> > Is there also a way when the device is in suspend mode, to wakeup and
> > do this warning ?
>
> I'm guessing yes but I do not know the PMU stuff well.

Home in Perth!