Acustic 'empty battery warning' ?

William Kenworthy billk at
Wed Dec 17 13:35:22 CET 2008

Doesnt it already do that - I know that in the middle of the night I
used to get regularly awakened by a "shfffft" sound from the Fr as the
battery ran out - oh wait, you mean before ...

Its actually a good idea - I use a couple of perl scripts to flash the
leds in various colours/rates to indicate charge.  Doesnt help when shut
down though.  Perhaps a cron job to wake every hour and check the
charge, then go back to sleep?  Does cron work on the FR these days?