Navit city search ?

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Wed Dec 17 21:56:54 CET 2008

Hi,

I have got a basic database and was able to fill it with a map area of
about 2.7 MB data.

But this is very less compared to germany with about 3.5 GB. So when
trying to get the database
out of germany xsltproc gets killed due to memory problems. I
currently only have 1 GB :-)

The processing should be tailored into smaller regions.

But about the data and the search:

I think I would do search that way:

1.) Find the villages and its lon / lat by a SQL query by given first
characters entered (minimum = 3).
2.) Find all streetnames by given first characters entered (minimum =
3).
3.) Display streets to villages sorted by distance

If the data is in the database, this should be very fast. Then, when
the user selects a street, it's position
could be used to center the display to.

Is this practical ?

Lothar