Crackly Calls and Battery Tips! A5/A6 rework. Corrected URL

Joel Newkirk freerunner at
Thu Dec 18 03:13:08 CET 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:00:34 +0000, Al Johnson
<openmoko at> wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 December 2008, Joel Newkirk wrote:
>> I don't know what the physical
>> difference is for the power tweak. (V6 can power up from wall power
> without
>> battery)
> It's a bigger C1767 - according to the schematics it's 4.7uF on A5, 47uF
> on A6
> and 100uF on A7. Werner's writeup of the investigations is here:

Thanks - that was most of what I was needing.  Unfortunately it doesn't
identify the real estate occupied by C1767 there, nor in the component
placement diagrams.

Can someone point me at the right spot on the board?  If it's got enough
room for the same 3528 cap we're looking at for the big-C rework (which I
doubt, though it looks like it will fit for the big-C position) that would
be great.

Joel Newkirk      (blog) (FR stuff)