[Illume/Debian] How to customize Illume?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Thu Dec 18 07:11:12 CET 2008

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 03:23:36 +0100 "nacho seijo" <lists.nacho at gmail.com>
babbled:

> 2008/12/17 The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster at rasterman.com>
>
> > On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:28:03 +0100 joakim at verona.se babbled:
> >
> > > I want to customize Illume like this:
> > >
> > > - the AUX button will pull down the top-shelf. The top shelf will show
> > >   itself over full-screen applications such as Evince.
> >
> > i'd need to add code that so there is a bindable action. making it over
> > fullscreen windows means the top bar actually needs to move and change
> > stacking
> > while apps are in fullscreen. though.. what you want is really below...
> >
> > > - The top-shelf will have a screen-lock button, similar in function to
> > >   the current behaviour of AUX.
> >
> > hmm i think you want another feature. i added this recently - syscon. its
> > the
> > "system control" module that presents a middle-of-the-screen popup with
> > "things
> > you can do" one of them is actually a screen lock - others are "suspend",
> > "go
> > home", "power off", "close app" (by default - this is configurable, but no
> > gui
> > to do it at the moment).
> >
> > so this can be bound to a key by default (a button) and it is - the power
> > button. so fullscreen apps even while up can be closed with pressing power,
> > then the close button, or you can "go home" to launch other apps - and when
> > back home - you have the top-bar. so this should cover everything... except
> > one
> > thing i've missed: no "give me a qwerty keyboard button". i'll add that so
> > fullscreen apps can have a "qwerty" button to show/hide the vkbd forcibly.
> > :)
>

> SHR includes this. But when you press power button it shows the
> "middle-of-the-screen popup" and suspends. When you resume it again the
> "middle-of-the-screen popup" is still there. Is there any way to get the neo
> doesn't suspend and only shows the "middle-of-the-screen popup"?

oooh thats probably frameworkd also intercepting power button below the x level
and wanting to suspend - so imho this is a frameworkd config issue (just the
fact that is it also listening to kernel level events for devices that should be
handled by x is going to cause this kind of problem). in x the key is grabbed
so only 1 client (the wm) gets it.