[Android] Can't power off

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Dec 18 09:04:52 CET 2008

Hi,
while playing with android i realized that i can't power off the phone.
I was trying turing off either from menu (this just shows progress
dialog, that never ends) or via reboot -p command from adb shell (seems
to do nothing).

Rebooting from abd shell via reboot command works fine.

I had a look at source code in system/core/toolbox/reboot.c. It looks
like the problem is in this call:

__reboot(LINUX_REBOOT_MAGIC1, LINUX_REBOOT_MAGIC2,
LINUX_REBOOT_CMD_POWER_OFF, NULL);

Any idea what can be wrong here?

I was also unable to find difference between LINUX_REBOOT_CMD_POWER_OFF
and LINUX_REBOOT_CMD_HALT. The first one is used in android and the
second one seems to be used in busybox for halting system. Any ideas here?

Cheers

Radek