Answer from Joerg (was: Re: Crackly Calls and Battery Tips! A5/A6 rework. Corrected URL)

Vasco Névoa vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Thu Dec 18 13:12:53 CET 2008

I did the big-c buzzing rework myself, with the precious help of a
much more smd-experienced colleague.
It was very difficult to replace the resistor because of the proximity
of the components around the mic. A very sharp soldering iron is
critical.
I used a 1k resistor (didn't have a 2k2 of the same size at hand), and
a 100uF/10V tantalum capacitor.
So far, so good! The buzz seems to be gone for good. :)
One caller has reported that I sounded like "at the bottom of a pit",
but this can be the other older issue...