No more optimization team

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Thu Dec 18 18:46:27 CET 2008

Olivier Migeot wrote:

> Community, you have this Openmoko company who is still working on
> their product some months after it's been released. Granted, the first
> release was nowhere near astounding. But in closed world developement,
> who could claim such dedication? ;)

In a closed world OM would have been panned, the devices returned and
probably have been forced out of business by now.

Openness is great. FOSS is great. Working base functionality is more
important though. After trying to live with the freerunner and OM2008 for a
month I bought another phone. My FR is also doing a good impression of a
brick most of the time.