Default IP Address on All Distributions

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 01:55:22 CET 2008

On 18 Dec 2008, at 18:50, Sargun Dhillon wrote:

> Most Linux users, or most users that this device is aimed at are
> intelligent enough ...

Clearly you weren't about reading the many, MANY support posts at the
time of the Freerunner's release.

At that time questions on this subject would be posted to the list
SEVERAL TIMES PER DAY.

I haven't read the support list or IRC in a while, but I would doubt
that such questions have become uncommon - just that the number of new
users has dropped to a trickle.

If the default IP address continues to be in the 192.168.0.x,
192.168.1.y or 192.168.2.z ranges then it'll just cause problems for
all the many n00bs when sales spike again in the future.

Stroller.