Stage of GTA03 development?

NeilBrown neilb at
Fri Dec 19 02:00:05 CET 2008

On Fri, December 19, 2008 9:34 am, Carsten Haitzler wrote:

> 2g is charged by the kb at insane rates. ($1.65/mb is three's going rate
> for 2g
> data - whereas their 3g data rates are more like $0.0068/mb. now you know
> why
> 3g is so important? 2g data is 241 TIMES more expensive than 3g. and three
> offer the best datarates in .au).

We are getting a little off topic here, but I'm wondering how you get
that rate for 3g.
The rates I find are all around $0.015/mb dropping to about $0.010/mb
if you buy in bulk (i.e. buy $100 worth).

For 2g, I pay $0.40/mb ( which is still 26x 3g, but
is bearable for light usage.

Another reason 3g is important:  using a VOIP service, you can make
cheaper phone calls by sending data over your 3g service than by using
it for standard voice calls.