Wifi - wep or wpa enabled

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Fri Dec 19 10:25:36 CET 2008

Hi Rodney,

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 21:58 -0800, Rodney Myers wrote:
> Default install.
>
> Does the wifi work only with wpa? or does it also work with wep?
>
> My internal wifi is wep enabled only, and  I cannot get the phone to
> recognize the key.

In my experience none of the GUI tools work with WEP, but using a
terminal you can manage to make the FR sort-of work, i.e. it sometimes
connects to a WEP network for a short while.
Apparently with latest kernels this is fixed (the driver side, not the
UI side), I've had better experience with Andy's tracking kernel.

	Xav