New 2008.12 Release

KaZeR kazer at altern.org
Fri Dec 19 11:40:31 CET 2008

In fact i've also subscribed to announce at lists.openmoko.org
I'm forwarding you the mail directly.

> Could someone point out the biggest changes?

Pro :
- OMG fast boot time (press power for 8 seconds (boring, why so long?),
start stopwatch at first line of text. Time to desktop : 38s!

Cons :
- Didn't boot after flash. I made several tries, it was stuck at debugfs dir
creation failed. I had to aux+power, choose boot and it worked. Now it
works. (i'm using QI)
- Doesn't see my sdcard
- Phone goes to suspend even if you have usb connected. So, you loose the
network connection.

I'm sure i'll find more 'Pros' after more tests :)