Vinzenz Hersche hersche at
Fri Dec 19 11:56:59 CET 2008

Andy Green schrieb:
> Somebody in the thread at some point said: | Hello there, | | i
> don't know, what's wrong, but i had just in the beginning some |
> failures like | | tar: cannot create directory 'device/bus':
> Read-only file system | | this is created for every folder; input,
> bus etc.. so it's normal that | the system couldn't start. but why
> it is a read only file system? i | maked from my other system to
> the memorycard a mkfs.ext3 . ext3 isn't | read only i think?
> If this is on a host with uSD -> full size SD adapter, these
> adapters have a little slider that can be used to disable writes to
> the SD Card, they are easy to knock.
> Also if your filesystem is corrupted it can decide to fail
> gracefully by becoming read-only.
> But I have managed to knock that little slider so many times I used
> some pliers to pinch the plastic so it can no longer move.
> -Andy
it's a normal micro-sd in my moko, i didn't found a slider..

with my last system, it works (om 2008.9, your/andys kernel), but with
om 2008.12 it didn't.. i couldn't belive it that 2008.12 make the fs
corruptet, cuase the testing-version had the same problem. could it be
a hardware-failure of the sd-card? (also strange, cause it save
Openmoko community mailing list
community at

- --
Vinzenz Hersche
Lehrling 2. Lehrjahr

Puzzle ITC GmbH

Telefon +41 31 370 22 00
Direkt  +41 31 370 22 04
Mobile  +41 78 845 24 12
Fax     +41 31 370 22 01

Puzzle ist Mitglied der Eclipse Foundation:
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -