Bluetooth headset GUI configuration

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 21:26:10 CET 2008

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 22:52:08 +0300
"Denis Shulyaka" <shulyaka at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/12/19 Simon Kagstrom <simon.kagstrom at gmail.com>:
> > I've tried these instructions on both FSO and SHR now, and it works
> > on neither of them. BtConfigure.py never finishes after having
> > entered the PIN.
>
> Same here on FDOM. I get "DBus error" in console, I didn't dig any
> further.

I'm reading the bluez howto:

   http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices

to get some further hints. The dbus stuff there also doesn't seem to
work:

  root at om-gta02:~# dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez org.bluez.Manager.ActivateService string:audio
  Error org.bluez.Error.NoSuchService: No such service

(SHR this time). Reading this:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.user/13108

it seems like bluez-utils have been compiled without --enable-audio.
Could this be the problem?

// Simon