Graphical text editor ?

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Sat Dec 20 13:26:31 CET 2008

2008/12/20 kimaidou <kimaidou at gmail.com>:
> Thanks for your reply. I am currently using SHR, and a opkg update + opkg
> install gvim did not work. Where can I find the gvim package please ?

Hmm, I don't have a Freerunner myself (yet), but I do use Debian on
other machines. It's definitely possible to get gvim in Debian.[1]

I guess if you want to use it in a distro that doesn't have a package
for it, it looks like you'd have to do some manual config/installation
that I haven't tried, so perhaps other people would be better placed
to offer advice on that front.[2]

[1]http://packages.debian.org/etch/gvim
[2]http://www.vim.org/htmldoc/gui_x11.html