om-manager 0.1.0 released

Lech Karol Pawłaszek ike at szluug.org
Sat Dec 20 21:22:35 CET 2008

Bernd (Jesus McCloud) Prünster wrote:
[...]
> Not that i think it has much to do with your error, but you do know how
> windows handles ssh?
> (the answer is: not at all, because windows doesn't know ssh or anything
> alse that is absolutely fundemantal regarding networking, so you have to
> use puTTY, although, the program should at least start..)
> i goint to try it out tomorrow under vista and under debian

The program uses paramiko library so one doesn't need ssh client binary.

om-manager is nice. I was about to write something similar - like a
"host computer utility" in python (but using Tkinter instead of wx)
which connects to Freerunner and executes commands however "mine" was
intended to mimic Debian's reportbug utility. Right now we have so many
distributions, bootloaders and kernels that sometimes it's hard to
reproduce the environment. I'm thinking about automation of gathering
informations about a bug process. `uname -a`, `opkg list_installed` `cat
/sys/magic/something`. If you don't mind Ilja I'll try to use your
om-manager as a base for my work.

As I see om-manager is plugins-capable so I hope all I want to achieve
will be only a plugin for your program.

;-) Well. That's just a plan for Christmas holidays...

Kind regards,

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace" [KoRn]