how to turn on screen blanking on 2008.12

Peter Abplanalp pta-openmoko at psaconsultants.com
Sun Dec 21 00:35:18 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Will Siddall <will.siddall at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you would rather switch to the illume theme (you would have to
> update from testing), this will give you access to the illume 'wrench'
> that can allow you to set the time after which the screen blanks and
> then another time (or none) to have it go into suspend.

i'm not sure how to change the opkg config to point to testing.

> If you don't want to use testing, you can just install 'illume-config'
> which will give you the wrench

whenever i try to install illume-config, opkg tells me that
illume-theme-asu is installed and up to date:

root at om-gta02:~# opkg install illume-config
Package illume-theme-asu (0.0+svnr4783-r7.04) installed in root is up to date.

it also looks like the illume theme is already installed, opkg
list_installed says:

illume-theme-illume - 0.0+svnr36882-r1.01 -

any help on either getting the wrench or activating the illume theme?

thanks,

-peter