[FSO/Illume] Program icons not showing up

Ingvaldur Sigurjonsson ingi at telia.com
Sun Dec 21 09:37:36 CET 2008

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 23:01:51 +0100 "Michael 'Mickey' Lauer"
> <mickey at openmoko.org> babbled:
>
>> This always happens when we're starting to stabilize for a release. Last time
>> it was something with a missing mimetypes postinst. Raster, any idea what it
>> can be this time?
>
> icons display for me on my illume images, on desktop etc. etc. - so i'm on the
> "works for me" bandwagon (thus not answering these as i have no 'why' as i
> never saw it break). svnr37919 is the last svnr i built with OE

   I'm having problems with the 'e-wm - 0.16.999.050+svnr37988-r0' build.

   I've been trying both fso-testing and fso-unstable, same results.
Editing the .desktop files and removing all 'Name[xx]=...' did not help
either. I even made sure there was only one line containing
'Categories=' (some with multiple values, separated by ';') to no avail.

  I'll continue to harden some bolts and loosen up some screws so I will
report if I make any progress.

--
ex animo
- Ingi