om-manager 0.1.0 released

Ilja O. vrghost at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 21:44:16 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike at szluug.org>wrote:

> Bernd (Jesus McCloud) Prünster wrote:
> [...]
> > Not that i think it has much to do with your error, but you do know how
> > windows handles ssh?
> > (the answer is: not at all, because windows doesn't know ssh or anything
> > alse that is absolutely fundemantal regarding networking, so you have to
> > use puTTY, although, the program should at least start..)
> > i goint to try it out tomorrow under vista and under debian
>
> The program uses paramiko library so one doesn't need ssh client binary.
>
> om-manager is nice. I was about to write something similar - like a
> "host computer utility" in python (but using Tkinter instead of wx)
> which connects to Freerunner and executes commands however "mine" was
> intended to mimic Debian's reportbug utility. Right now we have so many
> distributions, bootloaders and kernels that sometimes it's hard to
> reproduce the environment. I'm thinking about automation of gathering
> informations about a bug process. `uname -a`, `opkg list_installed` `cat
> /sys/magic/something`. If you don't mind Ilja I'll try to use your
> om-manager as a base for my work.
>
> As I see om-manager is plugins-capable so I hope all I want to achieve
> will be only a plugin for your program.
>
> ;-) Well. That's just a plan for Christmas holidays...

I would be happy to see anyone contributing. As far as I can see,
"LogRetreiver" plugin could be nice basis for developing such functionality
(currently it acquires verious log files/outputs. such as dmesg and
/var/log/syslog).

Feel free to contact me for any kind of help or support (and inclusion of
you into project itself).