2008.12 and USB network Ubuntu Intrepid

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 22 00:25:06 CET 2008

Hi all,

On FR I've installed 2008.12 and on my laptop Ubuntu Interpid with wicd.

I've tried several combinations of
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Networking#Debian.2C_Ubuntu_and_others
and ifconfig once told me it has a usb0 when I still had network-manager
but so far I've not been able to ping or ssh the FR.

Now with wicd, I have added this
# freerunner
allow-hotplug usb0
iface usb0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.200
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        up iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE
        up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
        down iptables -D POSTROUTING -t nat -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

added the udev rule and script and patched this
/etc/udev/rules.d/85-ifupdown.rules

Should this be enough?

Update, I had it running after manually running "freerunner start" but
now it is dead again :(

What is the exact (and minimal) configuration for my setup with wicd to
get this working?

Thanks,

Pander