Illume and E Gadgets...

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Mon Dec 22 02:35:24 CET 2008

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 02:39:01 +0100 "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" <mail at 3v1n0.net>
babbled:

> Raster, I was wondering... Would it be possible to add E gadgets to the
> Illume desktop? I figure it would be cool allowing that.
> They should show as normal icons that could act differently on
> mouse-over (I'm mostly thinking to the CPU, News, Battery, Forecasts and
> Calendar gagets ;P).

yup. see gadman module :) already works. problem is gadman "relies" on a 2
button mouse (ir right mouse for control) - that needs fixing/changing so it
can would with 1 mouse button. :) but in principle it works. it does conflict
with illumes launcher - but.. i intend to split that off into a gadget and use
gadman anyway :) (and improve gadmans' layout so things scale properly or
position irrespective of resolution/aspec/screen setup). it's not perfect atm.

that's why i'm not going into making the launcher better - it needs splitting
out and other stuff first structurally :)

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com