om-manager 0.1.0 released

Ilja O. vrghost at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 12:40:57 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:46 AM, KaZeR <kazer at altern.org> wrote:

>  Woopsie. Looks like i sent a blank mail, apologies.
>
> I tried it under windows : i had to create the app\log directory, or it
> would fail. ( IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> 'D:\\OM\\om-manager_00.01.00.tar\\dist\\om-manager\\app\\log\\program.log'
> )
>
> Now, it fails probably because of a path setting : ImportError: No module
> named wx
>
> I have installed wxwidgets-2.8.9, from the MSI file. What did i miss? Looks
> like i need to export  a path, but which?
>
> Thanks in advance, this apps looks interesting!

First of all, there is wxWidgets (http://www.wxwidgets.org/) and wxPython (
http://wxpython.org/) wxPython is basically Python bindings to wxwdgets
(since wxWidgets is the C++ Library, it can't be used directly by Python).
So, if you have installed wxWidgets (that is C++ library), you should insall
wxPython and should feel free to remove wxWidgets (if You don't use it for
something else, of course).

If You have installed wxPython and have several Python versions installed,
you could check that you're installed wxPython for same Python interpriter
that you have in `PATH` (that python that is executed by 'python' command in
shell).

For my Windows installations I've always used wxPython from installer andit
worked fine.

And thank You for report. Haven't checked this one. Fill fix soon (0.1.1
will contain some fixes inspired by this mailing list plus py2exe wrap of
program itself).