SHR applications on Debian

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Mon Dec 22 14:37:33 CET 2008

2008/12/3 Sascha Wessel <wessel at nefkom.net>:
> Hi,
>

> On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 11:55:29AM +0100, Jelle De Loecker wrote:
>> I switched to the enlightenment version, but now it complains about ETK
>> and Elemental, but I have NO idea where I need to get these. I can't
>> find any packages in the repo, on any source repository, ...
>
> http://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/
>
> Next time please search...
> http://git.openembedded.net/
> http://shr.bearstech.com/git/
>

> Greetings,
> Sascha

Hi Jelle,

Did you ever get any further with building the SHR apps for Debian?
I'm thinking I may try to go down the same path.  I've been using SHR
for a week or two and my experience has been very good.  But I adore
Debian, so after having not used it on my Neo for a while I installed
it and also Illume.  To my eye, zhone is pretty much as good as the
dialer application of SHR, at least at the moment, but zhone is a
little intrusive on the rest of the system, and I like the idea behind
ophonekitd.  Also, the lack of auto-suspend with Debian is a real
killer.   Debian + SHR apps + Illume and I may never flash again.

Let me know ...  I'd like to help push this forward.

Thanks,

Nathan