Stage of GTA03 development?

AVee openmoko-comunity at avee.org
Mon Dec 22 18:13:35 CET 2008

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 02:36, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:31:01 -0800 "Sargun Dhillon" <xbmodder
> +openmoko at gmail.com> babbled:
>
> you might want to read this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect
>
> this killed an entire company - it ceased to exist. again. regardless of
> what you want - it makes no business sense to go parading around the next
> gen device before its ready to ship if you have an existing one. so you'll
> have to probably just sit and wait. :)

Totally true, except for the fact that it didn't happen...
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06/20/no_osborne_effect_at_osborne/

Linked on that wikipedia page...

Regardless, there may well be a Reverse Osborne Effect as well, I bought a
Freerunner, but right now I probably wouldn't buy one again, but wait for the
GTA03. If there was a definitive statement telling me that would take at
least an other year to get done I might just buy a GTA02.

And ofcourse there is the 'spend-money-only-once' syndrom, does it really
matter if I buy a GTA02, or a GTA03 if I will never buy both anyway? People
with plenty of money to spend on gadgets probably won't wait, people wo will
wait probably won't by both anyway.

But than again, I know nothing about marketing...

AVee

--
With/Without - and who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about?
  -- Pink Floyd