[debian] LXDE?

Michele Renda michele.renda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 19:04:27 CET 2008

Il 22/12/2008 15:06, arne anka ha scritto:
> someone recently suggested using LXDE instead of XFCE -- are there any
> experiences in regard to responsibility, memory requirements and
> functionality compared to XFCE?
> is it really more lightweight and faster? and does openmoko-panel-plugin
> work (ie is there a standard systray)?

Hello, yes I was.

I used on FR and according me run faster than XFCE (and use less
memory). Yes, if I remember well it has systray support, and it contain
panel and plugins like XFCE.
You can find it on Debian repository (apt-get install lxde). All
configurations can be done via gui.

Please, if you try it, please report your impressions.