GPS testing on 2008.12

Hans Zimmerman hans at everlasting.be
Wed Dec 24 11:15:01 CET 2008

Hey,

I have been doing the exact same thing the last few days.
I thouroughly read the different wiki pages [1] but it did not really
help me besides pointing me to agpsui. I was only acknowledged the
device was working when I activated the GPS, booted tangogps and
started walking around in town. Only then it clearly picked up
satellite's. What I also did when only a single satellite was detected
(according to tangogps) was turning off the gps and then turning it back
on. I'm really not sure whether this had any influence, it only made me
believe so as it made a difference and I got a fix.

Another thing I stumbled upon was some strange qpe behaviour. I
downloaded some maps (quite a lot :) ) and saved them
on /media/card/Maps. Now if I boot my phone, qpe takes a lot of CPU and
the following items appread through logread;
Dec 23 20:10:13 om-gta02 user.notice root: "SQL logic error or missing
database Unable to fetch row" Dec 23 20:10:13 om-gta02 user.notice
root: QContentEngine( Id: "ffffffff|ffffffffffffffff" Name: "10942"
FileName: "/media/card/Maps/osm/15/16898/10942.png" MimeType:
"image/png" DrmState: 0 Role: 1 IconName: "" LastUpdated: QDateTime
("Mon Dec 22 17:21:12 2008") ) Dec 23 20:10:13 om-gta02 user.notice
root: bool QSqlContentStore::insertContent(QContentEngine*,
QtopiaDatabaseId) 237526629 insertQuery Dec 23 20:10:13 om-gta02
user.notice root: "SQL logic error or missing database Unable to fetch
row" Dec 23 20:10:13 om-gta02 user.notice root: QContentEngine( Id:
"ffffffff|ffffffffffffffff" Name: "10941" FileName:
"/media/card/Maps/osm/15/16898/10941.png" MimeType: "image/png"
DrmState: 0 Role: 1 IconName: "" LastUpdated: QDateTime("Mon Dec 22
17:21:06 2008") ) Dec 23 20:10:13 om-gta02 user.notice root: bool
QSqlContentStore::insertContent(QContentEngine*, QtopiaDatabaseId)
237526629 insertQuery

I haven't gone through the tickets yet but it is a strange phenomenon
to me

Hans

[1]
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner#Use_the_GPS