Getting rid of Android

Orlando javier.ramirez at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 15:46:00 CET 2008

I Hate to tell you this, but you can try to format your sd card (just to
fat32 or ext3) in another Linux box. Then, install another Linux distro in
your openmoko...

The problem as I see it is that your sd card has a lot of partitions right ?

-Orlando.

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:32 PM, Kosa <kosa at piradio.org> wrote:

> vsviridov at exceede.com escribió:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Is there a way to get rid of Android on my OpenMoko?
> >
> > For some reason I cannot re-flash anything anymore. I always get an error
> > message from dfu-util, saying that the 'alternate "rootfs" unavailable'
> or
> > something very similar. And when I do 'dfu-util -l' i get about 7
> > partitions, all of which are marked as UNKNOWN.
> >
> You might want to try installing any other distro on the microsd
> and boot from it. Then you can use fdisk to remove those partitions
> and try again.
>
> Kosa
>
> - Un mundo mejor es posible -
>
> > Thanks,
> > Vasili.

ing. Javier O. Ramírez Martínez
Key fingerprint = CBFD AEC9 E7F9 C726 03BF  3D85 7B9E 47A7 EB84 70D4
http://linux.mty.itesm.mx/~oramirez
http://picasaweb.google.com/javier.ramirez