New on screen Keyboard for Hackable1 and Debian written in Python

kris Occhipinti metalx2000 at
Thu Dec 25 02:38:10 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Nikita V. Youshchenko <yoush at>wrote:

> > Here is a link to the script
> >
> > you need to have xautomation installed (apt-get install xautomation)
> > If can install xautomation on om2008 then this keyboard shouldl work on
> > it aswell
> Hi
> I've tried to start it on a FR running Debian with matchbox window manager.
> Unfortunately it started fullscreen (because by default matchbox starts
> any 'normal' app fullscreen), and was not usable because of that.
> Any way to make it starting in 'out-of-workspace' area, as
> matchbox-keyboard does?
> Nikita

It's suppose to be fullscreen.
even with that option off in matchbox I have it set to go full screen.
You type a line out then hit "send" or "enter + send"
When you hit send it closes the keyboard and pastes the sentence in the
(it does this with xte which is part of the xautomation package)
If anyone has had a Nokia N800 it's kinda like that.

Here are some screenshots