Stage of GTA03 development?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Thu Dec 25 04:32:06 CET 2008

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 05:19:02 -0800 (PST) Gothnet
<openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net> babbled:

> Sargun Dhillon wrote:
> >
> > Additionally, why are we expecting 3G from OM, they are having a hard
> > time getting a phone right. Why are we holding them to the same
> > standards as Apple, HTC, etc... Apple can't get 3G in the iPhone for
> > two years.
> >

> For which they were heavily criticised because smartphones (and not so smart
> phones) in Europe had had 3G for years.
> 3G is not a special feature any more, it's pretty basic in most handsets.
>
> The FR, with it's all-touchscreen interface and open nature *could* be
> forgiven for not having 3G. It's a shortcoming, but it's forgiveable when so
> much of the rest was at least near the state of the art - Linux, GPS, uSDHC
> etc.

actually the cpu (soc) and graphics are about as old-school as the 2g gprs. :)
definitely far from state of the art. only things on freerunner that are
"modern" are:

LCD
GPS
Wifi
BT
case design (sorry the indented screen is very old-school and severely limits
the finger-usability of the device - which as it has no stylus that is part of
it... is the intended use). :)

the rest.. is far behind. :) just trying to keep rumourmill from making it
seem better than it is... :)