Crackly Calls and Battery Tips! A5/A6 rework. Corrected URL

Steve Mosher steve at openmoko.com
Thu Dec 25 20:53:20 CET 2008

The A5 to A6 rework was handled at the factory for the most part.
see http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02_revisions

for details.

WRT the a5/a6 rework, I've got to get back with Joerg and Tony Tu
to finalize the SOP and then put in place a testing method. One problem
is that the Buzz can be location specific. For example, when the Buzz
first became apparently Sean flew out to me in SF with a sample of
phone that buzzed. Mine didnt. ( he was on other travel ) Anyways,
we turned on his phone--no buzz. Now imagine if you have a buzz and
send it to person X to fix it. As part of the testing person X would
operate the phone and verify that it buzzed. Well, what if it doesnt?
does he apply the fix? If it does buzz applying the fix is a
straightforward decision. On completion of the fix the phone is tested
again and then returned. Does it still buzz after it's returned?

So, here is where I stand. my todo list.

1. finalize the SOP and testing protocal.
2. recruit individuals and organizations to do the field rework.
3. Procure parts required for the fix. These parts will be given away
    either through distys or direct to people willing to do fixes.
4. Finalize rewards program.

I'm not likely to get to any of this done before CES which is jan 8-11.
It's not a matter of me taking time off for Xmas, but rather the Everest
of other tasks and priorities. Experienced sherpas apply within.