[debian] navit: rendering is slow

Davide Scaini dscaini at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 15:06:34 CET 2008

might it be an issue of graphical drivers?
I experienced that rendering everything on debian is so slow...
just an example: i use mplayer from terminal to listen my music (if
you have some more usable solution just let me know!) and rendering
the numbers of percentage growing takes abot 50% of cpu... that's
crazy! so i keep open another tab (of terminal) to switch there and
let mplayer work calmly...
I tried om2008.12 and animations are really fluid... nothing compared
with previous om versions... might it be a kernel issue? something
that we can copy on debian ;-) ?