Om2008.12 - Can't receive SMS

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 27 23:26:58 CET 2008

I have this problem.  Only work-around I have found is to minimise what
is running so when the phone wakes up it does not have a backload of
threads to process.  In particular, the "batget" application can have
dozens of instances running blocking which seem to "block" each other
for awhile.  Flash the GSM firmware with moko10 - may help.

Try removing the battery module and see if it improves - unfortunately,
this means no battery icon :(

The upside - its better than earlier versions - at least it wakes up ...
mostly :)

BillK

On Sat, 2008-12-27 at 22:25 +0100, Anton Persson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought I would give the new 2008.12 release a good whirl for a few
> days, but
> I was stopped before I could start by this: I can't receive text sms
> messages... :-(
>
> Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a work-around?
>
> Note: The phone wakes up properly from hibernation/suspend when the
> message
> is "received" but there is no entry in the inbox... Also, there is no
> problem sending
> an SMS text message.
>
>     Best regards
>          Anton Persson