[2008.12] Qwerty keyboard

Giovanni pino.otto at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 14:17:18 CET 2008

I installed Om2008.12 but I could not find the "qwerty" and the setup icon
in the wrench.
After searching on the wiki, I found that I have to switch from ASU to
Illume, in order to have them.
So I configured the Enlightenment for using illume.

I followed this instructions:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Keyboards#How_to_install_the_illume_.28Raster.27s.29_keyboard_.3F

I also followed the instruction to reduce the segfault crashes:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/ASU_Keyboard_Toggle#Englightments_segfaults_with_Illume_theme_too_often.3F

After restarting the X server, the qwerty keyboard appeared and works well.

However, I noticed that after an Enlightenment crash, the qwerty keyboard is
not working anymore, instead the original ASU keyboard is coming out. I
didn't find a way to restore the illume qwerty keyboard, except restart the
Xserver.

How can we solve this issue?