Call for Illume keyboards and keyboard icons

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Dec 28 16:17:18 CET 2008

El día Sunday, December 28, 2008 a las 03:33:23AM +0100, Pander escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> I have done some hunter/gatherer work on keyboard icons as you can see here:
>   http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Illume#List_of_illume_keyboards
>
> If someone could make some nice icons for Hebrew and Russian with
> respectively ???????????? (this one reads from right to left!) and ???????????? with
> the current icon/flag as a background, that would be wonderful.
>
> New keyboards and other contributions and improvements are welcome.

Hello,

Is there a keyboard file like the 'Terminal' type one but with the
Spanish tilde chars? On my normal laptop keyboard (running FreeBSD with
KDE 3.5.8) I'm using the so called WINDOWS-key (which is normally as useless as
the operating system with the same name) to shift, for example, the char
'a' to 'á', or 'n' to 'ñ' etc. Would be nice to have this as well on my
FR;

While thinking about to assemble this by my own, one question: the above
Wiki page explains about the keyboard file:

#key  x-coordinate  y-coordinate width-of-key height-of-key
#columns:
#state     symbol(shown on the key)    keysym(output of the key)
key   0   0  30  30
  normal   ` grave
  shift    ~ asciitilde
  capslock ` grave

What  could I use for xxxx in this example:

  normal   a a
  shift    A A
  capslock A A
  xxxx     á aacute

In my latop I do this with:

xmodmap -e "keycode 0x73 =  Mode_switch"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x39 =  n N ntilde Ntilde"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x1a =  e E eacute Eacute"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x26 =  a A aacute Aacute"

i.e. the WINDOWS key (0x73) is set to Mode_switch and so on.

Thx

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
The SPAMer of the year: Subject: Alle Software ist Deutsche Sprachen