[FSO/Illume] Program icons not showing up

Sander van Grieken sander at 3v8.net
Mon Dec 29 12:13:14 CET 2008

On Sunday 21 December 2008 09:37:36 Ingvaldur Sigurjonsson wrote:
> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 23:01:51 +0100 "Michael 'Mickey' Lauer"
> >
> > <mickey at openmoko.org> babbled:
> >> This always happens when we're starting to stabilize for a release. Last
> >> time it was something with a missing mimetypes postinst. Raster, any
> >> idea what it can be this time?
> >
> > icons display for me on my illume images, on desktop etc. etc. - so i'm
> > on the "works for me" bandwagon (thus not answering these as i have no
> > 'why' as i never saw it break). svnr37919 is the last svnr i built with
> > OE
>
>    I'm having problems with the 'e-wm - 0.16.999.050+svnr37988-r0' build.
>
>    I've been trying both fso-testing and fso-unstable, same results.
> Editing the .desktop files and removing all 'Name[xx]=...' did not help
> either. I even made sure there was only one line containing
> 'Categories=' (some with multiple values, separated by ';') to no avail.
>
>   I'll continue to harden some bolts and loosen up some screws so I will
> report if I make any progress.

Did you make any progress?

I have the same problem. Also tried tweaking the .desktop files but no luck so
far. I do get these errors in /tmp/x.log

EDJE ERROR: file /usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes/illume.edj, group
e/modules/kbd/base/default has a non-fixed part. add fixed: 1 1; ???
  Problem part is: e.text.label
  Will recalc min size not allowing broken parts to affect the result.

and

EEEEK! 2 borders with same client window id in them! very bad!
optimisations failing due to bizarre client behavior. will
work around.

grtz,
Sander