How do you like to read a phone number?

Michele Renda michele.renda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 14:11:28 CET 2008

Il 29/12/2008 13:38, William Kenworthy ha scritto:
> Not really an issue,
> except for using a "+" like you do will totally confuse people here ...

I am trying to make some ideas :) In this moment I am writing a dialer,
and I am implementing a intelligent
  formatting functionality.

About the first "+" yes, I am afraid people will be confused. So what I
am implementing, will be easily deactivable. ( or better, deactivated by
default).

All is done by a config file (a very long csv) and this will implement
two killer feature: feature, and number type recnowneldge.

> I think that if you try and implement a global one size suits everyone,
> you can only separate numbers with spaces (say every 3 or 4 digits) - to
> do anything more complicated you will need to look into
> internationalisation (or possibly user selectable from a number of
> choices) as everybodies ideas are different :(
>
> Ive seen some discussions on the asterisk list about how telephone
> numbers are allocated and designed across the world and its basicly an
> anarchic nightmare :)

I like nightmare :) No, really, I want to try to make it cleared
> Try googling - there is enough detail to keep you happy for a long long
> while ...

Thank you for your help!

Michele Renda