How do you like to read a phone number?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at
Mon Dec 29 17:04:32 CET 2008

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:34:00 +0000 George Brooke < at>

> On Monday 29 December 2008 14:16:15 Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > 1234 5678 (call from the 02 area code - i.e. NSW only)
> I may be wrong but (at least in UK) you don't need to worry about the local
> version of the number as mobiles need the full version with area code.

same in .au - for mobiles, i'm just extending the problem in a generic way to
"landlines". just illustrating the "fun" of the system. :)

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at