How do you like to read a phone number?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Mon Dec 29 18:09:58 CET 2008

> d) I'd like to avoid to use a specific class for every coutry. For now
> (until I will not find some very big problems) I would like to have a
> simple big text file with all the configuration. I did for Italy and
> seem to be pretty fast.

well, whatever might be most common in a particular country has not
necessarily to be the way an individual user likes to see it!
i for one don't know, what is most popular in germany, and honestly, i
don't care (soccer is very popular in germany, but i think it is
execeptionally dull and stultifying).

additionally: what if a user changes country (holidays, business trip,
whatever) -- should the format of the number change as well? no, because
the user is still the same.

so, i'd suggest to simple add a regexp or so (for grouping in XX XX XX or
XXXX XXXX or XX XX XXX) in a config file together with options for showing
international prefix (+XX) and using space or - as separator.