GTA03. I hope the QVGA video is fixed in this one

Michael michael at 2020support.com
Mon Dec 29 20:09:57 CET 2008

From day one the GTA01 has had a problem with its QVGA video and it
does not seem as if many people are interested in it. The GTA02 seems
to have the same problem and this makes me think it is hardware
related.
So I am hoping that the GTA03 will have this sorted out so that we can
enjoy some QVGA video goodness and show the other phones how it should
be done. I have avoided showing any videos on my GTA01 to other people
because they would ignore the 25fps and complain about the colours.
Here are some blurry captures of how the videos play on my GTA01:-

http://www.mamereplay.net/files/strhoop-qvga.avi
http://www.mamereplay.net/files/scontraj-qvga.avi

Here are the clips converted for the NEO if anyone wants to try them
out. If you play them normally you will notice that they are very dark.
This had to be done so that they would look ok in QVGA mode.

http://www.mamereplay.net/files/strhoop-qvga-clip.avi
http://www.mamereplay.net/files/scontraj-qvga-clip.avi

I have also filed a bug report and it is here:-

https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1812

Lets hope fixed QVGA is a new years resolution.