How do you like to read a phone number?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Tue Dec 30 10:56:17 CET 2008

> A question: if you always dial a local number with the international and
> STD prefixes (which is what I think you are suggesting here) - under
> what regime will you get charged???

the issue came up when germany allowed other telcos, too, with the area
codes.
answer was: the telco filters calls and if your prefix is the one you are
are calling from it is disregarded (they probably prepend any call with
the full prefix anyway internally).

but since german problems are absotively different from others and germany
wheels need to be invented in germany to fit german needs, there's no
guarantee it will be like that anywherer else ;-)