How do you like to read a phone number?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Tue Dec 30 11:06:09 CET 2008

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 09:26:56 +0100 Michele Renda <michele.renda at gmail.com>
babbled:

> Il 30/12/2008 04:30, William Kenworthy ha scritto:
> > A question: if you always dial a local number with the international and
> > STD prefixes (which is what I think you are suggesting here) - under
> > what regime will you get charged???
> >
> > As a local call, or an international call?
> >
> > Could get *VERY* expensive :)
> >
> > BillK
> >

> If think the phone company are enought intelligent to undestrand how to
> carge you.
>
> For example: I live in Italy (+39)
>
> I can call 333 123456 or +39 333 123456 and the price is the same. Or,
> bettter, when I receive a call and I save the number on phoneboot it
> arrive as +39 333 123456.
>
> I hope this is valid in other countries too!

you pay local rates - they dont charge you for an intl call - they know what
you are trying to do. this means you enter contacts in a full intl format always
+61 413 123456
and no matter wherein the world i go - i am roaming or in my home country.. i
can cal that person without having to know about country codes, intl dial
prefixes etc. :)

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com