[shr] blackout/suspend inhibit [solved]

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Tue Dec 30 11:26:27 CET 2008

>perhaps i am not searching properly - is there a way to
>dynamically inhibit blackout/suspend somehow? I would like to trigger
>it for certain programs like navit or in case power is connected. i am
>note sure whether kernel version would be in question then - i use both
>andy-tracking and testing kernel.

if you want to temporarily disable dim/suspend on FSO (thus on SHR),
you can issue these commands: (the lines will get wrapped so watch out)

mdbus -s
org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/Device/IdleNotifier/0
org.freesmartphone.Device.IdleNotifier.SetState busy

mdbus -s
org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/Device/IdleNotifier/0
org.freesmartphone.Device.IdleNotifier.SetTimeout idle_dim 0

mdbus -s
org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/Device/IdleNotifier/0
org.freesmartphone.Device.IdleNotifier.SetTimeout suspend 0

--
Petr Vaněk
http://biodynamika.cz