How do you like to read a phone number? (India users)

Michele Renda michele.renda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 11:48:55 CET 2008

Il 29/12/2008 13:45, Carl Lobo ha scritto:
> Try
>
> http://www.ashesh.net/blog/downloads/PDF/Mobile_Telephone_Number_Codes_India.pdf
>
> Seems to be accurate from first glance.
>
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Michele Renda<michele.renda at gmail.com>  wrote:

Hello to all Indian Openmoko Users,
I am preparing the Indian dialplan: I have some (for you) stupid question:

1) All your mobile phone number usually start witt
(092/093/092/097/098/099) so your international phone number start with
(+9192 / +9193/ etc.) ?

2) In the provided pdf file there are only mobile phone number. There
are some city name. What it mean? Is the city where the sim is sold? :)

3) In the same pdf I saw:

RIM ‐ RELIANCE INDIA MOBILE (CDMA)
CELLONE‐ BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
TATA INDICOM (CDMA)

that seem to don't have any prefix. Is correct?

Thank you for your help