how to turn on screen blanking on 2008.12

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Tue Dec 30 16:29:59 CET 2008

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008, Peter Abplanalp wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Will Siddall <will.siddall at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you don't want to use testing, you can just install 'illume-config'
>> which will give you the wrench
>
> whenever i try to install illume-config, opkg tells me that
> illume-theme-asu is installed and up to date:
>
> root at om-gta02:~# opkg install illume-config
> Package illume-theme-asu (0.0+svnr4783-r7.04) installed in root is up to date.
>
> it also looks like the illume theme is already installed, opkg
> list_installed says:
>
> illume-theme-illume - 0.0+svnr36882-r1.01 -
>
> any help on either getting the wrench or activating the illume theme?

make a backup copy of /etc/enlightenment/default_profile and change
E_PROFILE="-profile asu" to E_PROFILE="-profile illume" in the live
version of the file.  you may also find you need to change the engine from
SOFTWARE_16 to SOFTWARE to prevent enlightenment crashing (see the tips
and tricks section of
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Community_Updates/December_29th%2C_2008 for
(slightly) more details).

--