Mark Arvidson sagacis at
Fri Feb 1 17:23:08 CET 2008

I found the toolchain to be very easy to use.  Unzip the .bz2 file,
run 'source /usr/local/openmoko/arm/setup-env' and you are set.

I keep my neo connected during development and ssh -X to it.  That
way, I can scp the built binary over and run the program on my desktop
monitor but use the neo device processor and environment.

If you are writing appd that should work on your gnome desktop (i.e.
no gps or gsm), you can ./configure the Makefile for your local
desktop during developme, then om-conf when you sre ready to test on
the device.