Wiki - confusion

JW jameswillmer at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 05:31:45 CET 2008

Hi Openmoko community

The wiki needs to present clear information.

There is one area where it is pretty bad at the moment and that is in all the
confusing references to neo's and GTA01s and GTA02s.

It seems to me there is now a clear structure

1) Neo1973 has internal codename (GTA01xxx)
2) Freerunner has internal codename (GTA02xxx)

However wiki pages are mixture of terms that doesn't make sense anymore because
they have been used interchangeably over the last year.

I changed a bit of section 1 of the FAQ page and started to look at tidying up
the main pages at least to make this less confusing and I can do it the only
problem is that i may break the pages/links of others....   This happens
especially where the wiki page title needs to be changed.

For example the Neo1973 page has loads of refs to GTA02 (which need moved to
the, as yet blank Freerunner page) but it is linked to by 50 other pages many in
other languages....

Should i just go ahead and change the core structure to being correct and the
rest will follow?    Is there someone overlooking wiki structure?

JW