OWFS on $WRT-router

Kyle Bassett kylebassett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 19:38:09 CET 2008

Chris,

I understand you had posted to the incorrect mailing list, but your question
intrigued me.  The first link in the question does not work, is that the
correct link?

And for a UART, you definitely need level shifting (ie. like a MAX232, etc.)
if connecting to +/-12v serial line, at the very least to avoid damaging the
UART by overvoltage.  In some cases, it is possible to do w/o the level
shifting, due to the requirements in the RS-232 specs for the RX line of
most UARTs, which are required to distinguish signals as low as +/-3v.
Results are varied, as not every manu. follows the specs. verbatim.

-Kyle Bassett