support for using yyyy-mm-dd (2008-01-31) date format in Wiki and elsewhere

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Mon Feb 4 23:48:35 CET 2008

Ian Darwin wrote:
> No, they cannot. That is always, always year-month-day. It is an ISO
> standard, is used in many countries (see the Wikipedia link in the OP),
> and has been standard that way (maybe not de jure, but widely used) for
> at least thirty years. The other is very commonly used both ways, split
> between the US and other parts of the world.

i fully agree.

lets use yyyy-mm-dd

its totally clear to use it since it gives the slowest changing number
first and the fastest changing last (especially when adding a time (in
UTC of course ;) ) AND it also gets sorted correctly by machines.

ps:
please do not get me started about how chinese do count years (its '97
now, you know?) or how germans do it ('/' instead of '-' and starting
from the other end) ;)

kind regards

--

Joachim Steiger